Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reason to give thanks to Bukhari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian aka Reverted1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reason to give thanks to Bukhari Reply with quote

In this and other Qur'an-alone forums, we have made Imam Bukhari out to be one of the greatest criminals of Islam because his collection of hadith have come to be held as equal to the Qur'an. He is also demeaned because his work contains some of the most unintelligent and nonsensical statements, which he alleges are the words of The Prophet Muhammad, eventhough many of them contradict the Qur'an. I agree with this sentiment. However, I think we should also be thankful for the work that he did.

Imam Bukhari collected 300,000 hadith. Of them, he considered only 100,000 might be true. He then narrowed this number down to 7,275, many of which are repetitions so that the total number is in fact near 3,000. That means that even he admitted there were errors in over 295,000 of them. Thank God he got rid of the other 295,000! Could you imagine how much further Muslims would have strayed if he didn't narrow the nonsense down to 3,000? In addition to camel urine and soup with flies in it, what else would misinformed Muslims be ingesting to cure their medical problems? How much lower would women be regarded? How many more insulting words and actions would be attributed The Beloved Prophet?

Sahih Bukhari, and similar collections, are a two edged sword. One side of the blade takes Muslims' attention away from the Qur'an. The other side eliminated 295,000 of the most blatently forged hadith. So I'm thankful for the good that he did.
4:100 "Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth..."
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam Brian!

Bukhari supposedly have collected 600.000 Hadith. But we cannot say he was a hero by throwing away 99%, as his collection was uphold by the clergy.

This means his collection did not explain the history of the Deen of Allah in the way it should have been, otherwise it would not have been supported.

So we can not say he saved from even more nonsense, we can rather say he witheld us from the Truth!
Brian aka Reverted1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam Arnold!

Lighten up bro! Smile I'm just having a little fun.

I never said he was a hero.

But think about it. Before he put his collection of hadith into circulation, there were over one-half million lies and gross misrepresentations about Allah, Qur'an, and The Prophet circulating amongst Muslims. He reduced one-half million lies to 3000. Had he not done that, just think how much more impossible it would be break today's Muslims of N2I.

Yes, his dismissing them all would have been most benificial. But, he could have done worse by endorsing all one-half million of them.

I'm thankful he did the lesser of the two evils Twisted Evil
4:100 "Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth..."
Ahmed Mateen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who think prophet mohammed was schizophrenic and was hallucinated are also greatful to Bukhari for the the hadith presented below. The following hadith is screaming do not trust bukhari. After adding this hadith in his collection he has lost all his credibility:

Prophet Mohammed tried to commit suicide several times!

(Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 111, Narrated by 'Aisha):

........But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while and the Prophet became so sad as we have heard that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, 'O Muhammad! You are indeed Allah's Apostle in truth' whereupon his heart would become quiet and he would calm down and would return home. And whenever the period of the coming of the inspiration used to become long, he would do as before, but when he used to reach the top of a mountain, Gabriel would appear before him and say to him what he had said before.....

What message bukhari is trying to convey? He is telling us not to accept anything in the name of god from a schizopherinic person who has tried to commit suicide many a times.

I wouldn't accept a single narration from this criminal bukhari.

Read complete hadith:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/087.sbt.html

Salaam
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslim ibn al-Hajjaaj Al-Qushayree studied under Bukhari and subsequently and later, under Muslim, at-Tirmidhee and Ibn Abee Haatim, were mentored. Muslim' Hadith were translated into English, and published in four volumes in Pakistan in 1976, by a man named Abdul Hamid Siddiqui.

The city of Leicester in the U.K. has a large ahadith collection. And if you believe all of the Hadith you will also believe the news that a hair of the Prophet is retained in Hyderabad. I am probably gullible enough to believe that one!

But like it or not, these things have big play in the lives of many Muslims worldwide.

Tammy Swofford
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam,

Dear Brian, before giving someone advice, please read the post more carefully, you fell into the same statement again Wink

We can not 'praise' Bukhari, because we do not know what these 99% of his rejected Hadith were. Maybe most of these Bukhari-rejected Haditd were logical and correct, and he kept only the nonsensical ones Very Happy

Which I believe is more true. I believe Bukhari had dipped to many flies into his cup...
Brian aka Reverted1

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all believers in Allah, His Book, and His Divine System!

My post is being taken far to seriously. It was intended to be a little comic relief; Looking at the glass half-full instead of half-empty. Either I failed miserably or some of us need to develop a sense of humor, or both. You don't have to debate with me, I'm with you not against you.

Regardless of what the hadith Bukhari got rid of said, the hadith concept is contrary to the Qur'an and the science of hadith is fatally flawed . Even if he got rid of the more sensible ones, we'd have to reject those too. Which brings me back to the point that, we now only have to convince N2I to let go of 3000 hadith instead of 500,000. That doesn't mean we praise him (which I never said), but "thankfully" he reduced the number instead of keeping it where it was.

Humbly,

Brian
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam dear Brian,

Your humor was read in the post do not worry, we all dipped to many flies in our drinks Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: