Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Melody to mankind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahalam66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Melody to mankind Reply with quote

'Ek din ayesa aye ga baki maati mein sub mil jaye ga'
(A day will come when everything will return to dust)

What a profound melodious performance on youtube Dr. Shabbir! A melodious performance because you sang the song to bring this great voice to mankind. And of course your singing was not less than that.

It reminds me of another old song which is deep in undestanding:

Raat aur din diya jaley
Mere mun mein phir bhi andhyara hai…

(Night and day, both are alighted with candle-lights. But my mind is filled with darkness)

The meaning of this song is an eternal question of human life. Despite our sense of right and wrong within us, we constantly betray it all the time, in words and in deeds.

Why do we do things that aren’t right? Like we know we shouldn’t cheat but we cheat. We know we should not kill but we kill. Lightness and darkness always compete in our consciousness.

“…Do you seek to find a way of enlightenment for those who violate God’s laws of guidance?’
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you brother Shah Alam!

I was thinking of playing harmonium with it. That makes the singing so much better but I shied away from it. I don't know why. Smile
UmeAimon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam dear Shabbir bhai,

I really should have said the same about your singing before. In fact I was pleasantly surprised at this skill of yours. That song was not an easy one to carry through out but for someone who knows about singing and has practiced his vocals for some time.
I love to sing too when I am cooking and specially while driving because that's when I need to feel relaxed and that's exactly when my husband turns on the cd player quickly if hew is with me Laughing Laughing
am a fan of late Mohammad Rafi too who was one gifted singer.

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected sister UmmeAimon and all,

Kindly become a youtube member and rate the videos -

or, or, or I might get discouraged and stop making videos.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: