Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Anniversay Pakistan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Happy Anniversay Pakistan! Reply with quote

May I extend my congratulations to all who read this site who are from the nation of Pakistan. Happy Anniversary!

I did a little research and my own nation, at the sixty anniversary mark also faced immense challenges. There was a distinct downward turn of the economy as English banks began to pull back on extending credit to Americans. Our own banks were having massive defaults on loans, and at this point we had no official independent treasury department. Loans began to dry up, paper currency was in devaluation and many were hoarding their precious metals or only wanted to do transactions for the sale of land with silver or gold.

To our south was the political fight brewing over the annexation of Texas from Mexico. Moving into the Van Buren years, we faced what was called the "Panic of 1837" where unemployment sky-rocketed and literal hunger became a problem in our land. This was also the year where we rounded up the Cherokee nation of approximately 15,000 to move them to what is now our modern state of Oklahoma. Approximately one quarter of them died during this forced migration. This event became known as "The Trail of Tears".

Pakistan is still in its infancy. This has been a tumultous year for your nation and for those of you who love its land I would like to extend a message of hope. If the good and capable people in your nation will stick together, looking to the greater good of the people, all will be well for your offspring. I imagine that hope was in short supply in the America of the late 1930's. It was not until the next decade, that prosperity began to smile on us again.

So Happy Anniversary! May this be a day of pride and reflection for each of you.

Best regards,

Tammy Swofford
Ahmed Mateen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and God bless you! Smile
usaamah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no Indian nationalist, but please don't mind me asking; is this really the place to discuss Pakistan-related affairs, or to post poems glorifying Pakistan? Or for that matter any other country?

I am sorry, I am quite new here, and don't have a complete idea of how this site is functioning.
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you wanting to discuss? Search the topic index. You will probably find it. smile I write on this site because it is frequented by white collar professionals.

R/Tammy Swofford
shahalam66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Tammy Swofford,

As we generally understand, white-collars are designated workers of relatively high status in government and private sectors whose duties calls for well-groomed appearance and ideas. It may not be out of snobbery, but white-collar crime is also phrased 'white-collar crime' because of its nature, generally beyond the comprehension of blue-collars. White-collar crimes are non-violent as opposed to the blue-collar, but it always have sophisticated cheating as their central element. Therefore most white-collar crime goes undected, unreported and attracts lesser police attention.

Among all God's creation, of all God's gift to the sight of man, color is one of solemn and divine. But we speak rashly of gala color and sad color. If you ask my choice, gray is the 'collar' of all the points that we are making here.
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Shahalam,
Even the poorest of the poor can move into the market place of ideas. But in my own life I have found that it is within the corridors of power, not the tumultous waves of the rioting mass, that policy is put into effect for either the good or the detriment of mankind.

Those that have been granted opportunities to obtain degrees, move into positions of influence hold within their hands a greater trust. On a personal level I have learned that I do not ask for permission to do something from the person who only has the authority to say "no". Move up the chain, until you find the person who has the authority to say "yes". That, is the person that must be tapped.

As that clot of blood of humanity, the poor and downtrodden have no less worth in my eyes due to their station in life. But that does not negate a distinct recognition that their lot in life can only be improved by those that hold the reins of power. I seek out the power structure.

Best,
Tammy Swofford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: